GetWize

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Adam Freeland Reviewed

A couple of weeks ago, breaks legend Adam Freeland came to Mezzanine for a night music on the forefront of electronica. MetroWize had an insider on the scene, Ofer R. Here's his review of the show.

"To sum up the Freeland show, it was HOT HOT HOT. A couple of friends and I arrived at the Mezzanine at about midnight, it wasn't too crowded and very pleasant personnel just cozy all the way (no crazy strip / airport security check, like some other places I know) I was a little concerned on space because last time I saw Adam was at Mighty and the place was packed, one moving line in the entire club. I was juiced for this night a whole week prior, getting ready to shake off a hard week that just finished that night, at 11:00pm, with amazing choones. We walked inside and the setup was awesome the visuals where great and the DJ booth not far up from the crowd. The sound system must have been adjusted because it sounded tight, ear piercing highs and gut churning bass! Oh baby I knew I was in for a treat.

Immediately hooked up with a good old friend Patron getting ready for a party "te-qill-ya!" Adam was roaming around before the set and you could tell he was excited for this gig, the place was not overly packed but nicely full. Adam unpacks his headphones and approaches the decks about 12:45 AM and next thing, BAM! like magic we were all sucked into a time warp. You
lost all sense of time and space and just had an incredible audio / visual out of body type ride, I know this music very well and I could not recognize any of the tunes played that night. Raunchy bass line, wicked/evil guitar licks and OMG the beats, what crazy beats! I danced so hard I was aching for a week later.

Woke up the next morning sort of disorientated and sad that it was over but extremely glad I was there and lived that moment, I will be back for sure."

Ofer R is a SF local and subscriber to the Weekly Wize Guide. We sent him and a friend to the show for free as a winner of our weekly ticket giveaway.

Wanna go to shows for free like Ofer and our other weekly winners? Get the Weekly Wize Guide! Each week we giveaway another set of tickets to great upcoming shows as well as a collection of cool articles, videos and events. Get it now!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Get your learn on! Local events, photos, ticket comps, videos and articles, delivered to you for free, every week! Get the Weekly Wize Guide!

No comments: