GetWize

Friday, June 22, 2007

Elite Force Review

What can I say? Shack played alone for me in the house last night… I went to see Shack’s Elite Force at Ruby Skye and I thought I knew what I was in for since I had the pleasure of seeing Shack play at Mighty a few months ago and I loved every club packed moment of it. Shack also released 3 new tracks this week so I knew there was fresh material involved.
I got to the club at 12:00 AM, on the decks was Syd Gris, who was rocking out to some electro / house breaks. The club was not full at all, the club/bar next door ‘Slide’, seemed to be the main attraction that evening with a big line building up outside.

The top floor at Ruby Skye was sealed off. The sound system was great with wonderful crisp sounds and body vibrating low bass, I think they have one of the better sound systems in SF, plus the flashing lights on the speakers as they go off are cool.

The stage was set, but I kept on waiting for the people to poor in through the doors. Then I started thinking; did I miss something? Is Thursday, not the night to go out anymore? Did this gig completely fly under the radar? Has SF forgotten who Shack is and how awesome it is when he rocks out?? Ok time for another drink, must stop thinking!
Elite Force stepped behind the booth at 12:45 AM, and played a beautiful set, OMG what smooth mixes. He starts off with some progressive house tracks, then into some wonderful raunchy breaks and even later drops a drum and bass track keeping the musical journey a complete mystical and musical surprise.
The sad thing was that you had to close your eyes to imagine the wild party, because it was not wild and the dance floor was not close to full, in fact slightly on the empty side. No visuals either, just light’s from the club on a semi empty dance floor.

This was a great musical journey with no party people. For shame SF!
I hope he comes back again soon! Maybe it’s time for a good old SF underground location for Shack’s Elite Force!



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Get your learn on! Local events, photos, ticket comps, videos and articles, delivered to you for free, every week! Get the Weekly Wize Guide!

No comments: