GetWize

Monday, July 2, 2007

Stanton Warriors Reviewed


I saw Stanton Warriors at 1015 Friday night. Both Stanton’s graced 1015 with their presence, which is quite rare to see both artists. Knowing very well the flavor of the tunes I was about to hear, I was thoroughly excited and was anticipating this event.


I walked in to 1015 early morning and was surprised by a not so packed club? Didn’t matter I was heading into the main room, where to my delight I heard a familiar sound… yep the two Stanton’s were already seasoning the decks.


They rocked the main room that was not empty but definitely not full, kind of cozy. One thing to note and I’ll leave it at that, (not intended to open the "the can of worms" discussion) the flyer stated "…rare live performance..". They rocked the set with decks and a Mac, not quite the "live set" I was expecting… None the less, they played a wonderful set laced with "phat" bass line breaks and some mind altering D&B bouncing it right back into sweet breaks. Oh I must admit breaks to D&B and back to breaks just gives me the jitters… plus the four screen visuals, was a nice addition to this all senses trip that was fully underway.

Very cool crowd, down to earth and everyone in that room seemed to know exactly what kind of rare treat this is. A sort of bond, if you will, with my fellow partiers and dancers. This seemed to add a nice vibe to the not so packed room. Wondering around the club, I noticed upstairs was some electro house, also not too full, but enough people to call it a party. The front room actually stopped the music 2:30 AM, but hey, who cares, the Stanton’s were still crafting the skills on the decks, no reason for hard feelings!

I loved hearing the retake "Still Here" (Feat. Eska), as it started just as it would on the 12’ and then halted abruptly to a nicely modified ground shaking edit that I have never heard!
I hope the Stanton’s come back, because I will certainly go, packed or not!!
Stanton Warriors review from Ofer R ... the man about town.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Get your learn on! Local events, photos, ticket comps, videos and articles, delivered to you for free, every week! Get the Weekly Wize Guide!

No comments: