GetWize

Monday, June 25, 2007

Shpongle @ 1015 - Reviewed

WOW... So, 1015 is roof-less after Shpongle’s performance this weekend! They shattered the walls and blew off the roof and then some…this is what it’s all about!!
I experienced Shpongle at 1015 Folsom last Friday night and I am still giddy with the tunes in my ears, what a delightful treat! Seriously a fabulous start to a wonderful Pride party weekend!
I arrived at 1015 at 12:30 AM and I was a little concerned on the location and its heavy invasive security at times, but last night was a breeze with a quick pat down and friendly, almost welcoming, attitude.

I walked inside the club and to my surprise the front room was quite full with some interesting glitch / hip hop / slow breaks tunes. I Kept on moving into the main room, which to my joyous surprise was Shpongle already on and rockin the place. The main room was packed but with friendly, courteous faces all projecting good energy and dancing for some good times.

As I got deeper into the main room, it morphed from a club to an ancient Amazonian forest tribal gathering, drums and visuals everywhere. This, my friends, is what I love! (I was under the influence of intoxicating true musical / visual treats). This live performance goes down in history, for me. The sound was phenomenal and Simon and Raja took the whole room for a ride of their life. Anything audible to the human ear was played in that room. I heard acoustic guitars, flamenco and Spanish guitar riffs, all kinds of percussion, wicked live synth lines, all these sounds mashed up into an unexpected bpm morphing exquisite sound extravaganza. The visuals where top notch too, a whole crew manned the visual enticement on the other side of the room, with a good 6 full blown large size screens. The video was cut and edited live adding to the intensity of the party. This was an all senses overload ride for sure!!

Downstairs there was some Dubby slow breaks music, but to be honest, it was mostly Shpongle for me, the rest did not matter, and it’s hard to compete with such incredible talent.
To sum it up, outstanding performance, great music, great visuals and wonderful vibe, man I love SF and I will cherish this get together in my memories forever!
I can’t wait for Shpongle to come back!

Shpongle review written by Ofer R.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Get your learn on! Local events, photos, ticket comps, videos and articles, delivered to you for free, every week! Get the Weekly Wize Guide!

No comments: